WHAT IS EDENRED?
Edenred is a pioneer, a tech leader and the everyday companion for people at work across more than 46 countries. Our 10,000 employees are committed to making the world of work a better place for all, one that is safer, more efficient and more user-friendly. At Edenred, our passion for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity and entrepreneurial spirit are our values. For anyone who needs to vibe in their professional life, we are the best place for you to work and grow. In 2019, thanks to its global technology assets, the Group managed €31 billion in business volume, primarily carried out via mobile applications, online platforms and cards. Edenred is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange and included in the following indices: CAC Next 20, FTSE4Good, DJSI Europe and MSCI Europe.
YOU WILL VIBE WITH US
The Director of merchant services is primarily responsible for increasing company revenue by managing merchant accounts to ensure best discounts and options for redemption are available. As a part of extended Leadership Team in India this -role would own end to end development of supply by managing Merchants, offering redemption options to clients of Edenred in India.
This role would also be accountable to ensure optimized availability of reward redemption options for clients on the reward catalogue and manage relationships to ensure the merchants are offering us the redemption options at the best possible price point.
To be successful as a director of Merchant services you should be persuasive and have strong business acumen with great relationship management skills. This would be in addition to demonstrating excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Ultimately, an exceptional director of merchant services should be adept at negotiating sound business deals, provide value to merchants and able to place maximum merchants on client catalogues.
Edenred is a pioneer, a tech leader and the everyday companion for people at work across more than 46 countries. Our 10,000 employees are committed to making the world of work a better place for all, one that is safer, more efficient and more user-friendly. At Edenred, our passion for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity and entrepreneurial spirit are our values. For anyone who needs to vibe in their professional life, we are the best place for you to work and grow.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Create and execute a strategy to develop and optimize merchant relationships partnerships
in line to the Business Targets.
- Build and manage a robust team for optimizing revenue potential of the merchant network
(Hunting, Farming, product innovation and roll out, catalog optimization, support to Business
Development and Clients Account Management teams)
- Ensure team efficiency, performance, allocation of targets aligned with Company’s
merchants’ strategy and Dream Team commitment.
- To understand and generate Market study in terms of competition mapping, market
intelligence of merchant offerings.
- Maintain direct and active relationships with merchant partners, including proactively
resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant market and industry trends, developing a deep
understanding of customer/ clients and merchant needs, priorities, and pain points.
- Build trust and great working relationships with your direct team and key merchants
- Leverage data to gain a better understanding of existing merchants and to enhance,
maximize potential from merchants.
- Create differentiation with optimized merchant mix for clients
- Identify and launch opportunities to enhance revenue from existing set of merchants,
including constant renegotiations on existing commercial terms
- In full connection with Product teams, develop and roll out innovative rewards products in
India, ensure key Merchants on boarding in program pilots and market roll out
- Identify data-powered merchants’ solution, develop business case, set up monitoring KPIS and
validate Go to market approach
- Ensure merchant portfolio profitability and optimization by managing tiered merchants’
segments – KA, mid-market and long tail merchants
- Ensure Merchants portfolio coverage of India clients market need: geographical, industry,
price range, redemption profile
- Ensure renewal of key merchant deals while coordinating requirements; developing and
negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with delivery teams to ensure deal
- Ensure Proper awareness of Merchant portfolio and catalogue to the Business Development
and Account Management Team – propose merchants bundle to ensure attractivity to clients
and prospects and optimize project margins.
WE WILL VIBE WITH YOU
Who you are:
- Combination of customer-obsessed, and business-focused
- An effective communicator and collaborator, with excellent negotiation and presentation
- skills, with the ability to confidently share your vision to all audiences.
- Comfortable taking the reins on initiatives, and thriving in an autonomous, unstructured environment.
- Passionate about India merchant ecosystem (online and B&M) and consumer behavior developments
- Able to prioritize merchant strategy and day-to-day team activities.
- Excellent data-driven problem-solving/decision-making and strategic thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle stress and conflict
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Proven successful Merchant C-level interactions
- Proven Track Record of Hunting, Farming and product Team Management
- Past Experience in handling Merchants in a loyalty / reward ecosystem
Knowledge & Experience:
- You have 10 – 15 years’ experience Iin related roles with at least 5 years of experience leading Teams
- Have an understanding of the Rewards Ecosystem in India & preferably have/ are working in
- this sector.
- Have been exposed to merchant solutions with a successful business development, account management, client servicing and marketing acumen.
- Have worked in Merchant Services in rewards, payment of FinTech companies.
- Experience in working with senior level executives across an organization.
- Have a Master’s in Business Administration specializing in Sales & Marketing or GeneralManagement
EXPECTED START DATE
- Location: India (Delhi/ NCR, Mumbai)
- Report Line: Head of Business India