As a key member of the IT team, the technical leader is responsible for business team support to understand the business and provide technical feasibility and effort estimation, provide proactive feedback to help business team to make better decision. Lead the developers to do software architecture design/review, do coding and code review to make sure the platform is always with high quality insight. Do live support to support daily business operation, support and take part in the troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Business understanding and support: Proactive to understand the business deeply, make sure before any platform architecture design, the business which the platform is going to support, is totally understood. Provide technical feasibility and effort estimation. Provide proactive feedback to help business team to make better decision
- Architecture design: Following the architecture designed by the architect, work with the technical team to do the specific implementation architecture design, discuss with the architect and the team to adjust the architecture if needed.
- Documentation: Make sure the architecture design is well documented and the documents are well structured with diagrams and detail explanations and always up to date.
- Development: Do hands-on development work to implement the core parts, including framework, core modules/components and samples.
- Design/Code review: Organize and lead the design/code review activities to make sure the software is always with high quality insight.
- Technology Coaching: Coach the developers, support team, QA team, and make sure they understand the architecture and implementation, recommend proper tools and best practices to the team to improve the quality and efficiency, provide proactive help/support to the team once there is any
- Problem analyzing and solving: Take part in the troubleshooting, from software to hosting to address the issue and root cause, provide workaround and permanent solutions.
- New technology adapting: Keep communicating with the architect to follow the group’s technology directions, introduce new technologies, keep researching/learning/practicing new technologies, work with the architect to select the ones which can benefit the team and apply them to the products/projects.
- Leadership and sprint facilitating: Work with scrum master and the team to facilitate the process of the sprints.
- Others: Other missions given by the BU, e.g. innovation projects.
- University graduate and bachelor’s degree or above in IT or related fields.
- At least 3 years’ working experiences in architecture with Microsoft platforms.
- Demonstrated successful big high concurrent and availability product experience and played as a core member in the team.
- Strong IT infrastructure knowledge (network, HA, DR)
- Strong full-stack development skills with Microsoft platforms/tools
- Strong high-performance database (MS SQL Server) design and tuning skills
- Strong knowledge and know-how about non-functional requirements, including performance, security, scalability.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture as well as event driven architecture.
- Hands-on experiences with high concurrent transactional system or payment system.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good documentation skills to write structured technical documents with diagrams and detail explanations.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and facilitating skills
- Leadership skills to drive the team to work on the same direction smoothly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of software development methodology (waterfall, agile)
- Familiar with the main popular technologies and used scenarios with Microsoft family platforms/tools.
- Experience with distributed transaction mechanism design and implementation.
- System tuning experience, including frontend website, backend process and database optimization.
- DevOps experience
- Microsoft Azure cloud knowledge (IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes)
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and handle multi-task with priorities
- Work with deadline and under pressure
- “Can Do” attitude
- Good relationship building skills
Nice to Have:
- IT industry certifications.
- Experiences with multinational corporation
- Contribution to open-source products/projects
- Following the technology trend of Microsoft product families